Posted by Brian Blowings | June 3, 2013
Here are 10 herbs and spices that you should be adding to smoothies for maximum health.
We have recently affiliated with Amazon.com because of requests from you asking us “where can buy some of these items safely?.” We did our best to find recommended organic products related to each one of these list herbs and spices below.
Note* The buy links may only be visible on a desktop computer.
1.)*Rosemary - is a great cancer fighter and antioxidant -
2.)*Cayenne Pepper -
Rebuild the tissue in the stomach and the peristaltic action in the intestines.
- Boosts circulation and increases heart action.
- Enhances cardiovascular performance.
- Helps with stiff arthritic joints.
- Helps with lower back pain.
- A natural way to treat fibromyalgia.
- Good for arthritis prevention and symptoms.
- Helps with nerve pain from shingles and sciatica.
- Strengthens digestion.
- Helps with psoriasis.
The health benefits of turmeric include:
Helps prevent gas, Helps prevent cancer, Natural Antibiotic, Aids in weight management, Natural antiseptic, Reduces the side effects of chemo, Natural analgesic, Improves skin conditions, Speeds up wound healing, Anti-arthritic, Lowers cholesterol, Improves asthma, Heals stomach ulcers, Helps coughs and is a good Blood Purifier.
Is a powerful healer:
Digestive: Indigestion, cramps, and morning sickness are all treatable with fresh mint juice. It can also be used to treat irritable bowl syndrome. Mint is also effective at treating diarrhea when the oils from the plant are used.
Skin: Mint oil can be applied to pimples, skin rashes, sunburn, and bug bites. The oils from mint leaves can also relieve hemorrhoid pain.
Respiratory: Fresh mint clears out the sinuses and even helps with asthma and bronchitis. Mint is an ingredient in many cough drops and cough medicines because it helps relieve a soar throat.
Women’s Health: Mint extract can be taken prior to and leading up to menstruation to lessen painful cramps.
Joints: Mint oil can be applied topically to relieve the symptoms of arthritis.
Mint oil is an effective antiseptic!
Prevents urinary tract infections, Protects against salmonella, Fights nausea, Rich in phytonutrients, iron, and magnesium and Good source of fiber. It’s also a great Anti inflammatory, Lowers blood sugar, Reduces menstrual cramping and hormonal mood swings. Helps remove heavy metals from the body and Lowers cholesterol.
Cinnamon has been known to beat acne when applied as a mask with some raw honey. Cinnamon and honey are a huge healing duo. Thought to be a brain simulating spice, many claim that eating cinnamon or candy containing cinnamon before and during an exam will help to boost brain function and memory while also reducing nervous tension. Cinnamon is believed to help prevent heart disease by aiding lowering bad LDL cholesterol levels in the blood. Cinnamon may help to naturally relieve migraine headaches as well. Women can benefit from cinnamon, which helps to treat discomfort associated with menstruation. If you have diabetes or need to lose excess weight, cinnamon may be a helpful natural remedy. It has been shown to naturally balance blood sugar levels while stimulating increased insulin production. Cinnamon is believed to also battle various types of cancer cells in the body. Cinnamon can be added to food as a natural preservative due to it’s antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. In fact, cinnamon is believed to be able to kill e-coli bacteria in unprocessed fruit juices as well. Cinnamon has been used by the Chinese for centuries for treating multiple illnesses and to increase energy and vitality, and is considered as nothing short of a wonder spice!
Skin: Cinnamon can be taken internally and or applied topically to the skin, often combined with raw honey, to make an effective and natural acne fighting mask.
Natural Preservative: When added to your meals, cinnamon helps prevent bacterial growth and prolongs the life of your leftovers.
Feminine: Cinnamon has been shown to reduce the discomfort associated with menstrual cramps.
Mind: Easing nervous tension and reducing memory loss are added benefits, boosting brain activity while tasting amazing!
Nutrition: Packed with manganese, fiber, calcium and iron.
Cinnamon is also a great Anti-inflammatory, Antifungal, Antiparasitic , Antibacterial:
A few ways ginger impacts your health (video)
10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF GINGER
1. In Ovarian Cancer Treatment: Ginger is a powerful weapon in the treatment. A study conducted at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center found that ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied.
2. Colon Cancer Prevention: A study at the University of Minnesota found that ginger may slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
3. Morning Sickness: A review of several studies has concluded that ginger is just as effective as vitamin B6 in the treatment of morning sickness.
4. Motion Sickness Remedy: Ginger has been shown to be an effective remedy for the nausea associated with motion sickness.
5. Reduces Pain and Inflammation: One study showed that ginger has anti-inflammato ry properties and is a powerful natural painkiller.
6. Heartburn Relief: Ginger has long been used as a natural heartburn remedy. It is most often taken in the form of tea for this purpose.
7. Cold and Flu Prevention and Treatment: Ginger has long been used as a naturaltreatmen t for colds and the flu. Many people also find ginger to be helpful in thecase of stomach flus or food poisoning, which is not surprising given the positive effects ginger has upon the digestive tract.
8. Migraine Relief Research: has shown that ginger may provide migraine relief due to its ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels.
9. Menstrual Cramp Relief: In Chinese medicine, ginger tea with brown sugar is used in the treatment of menstrual cramps.
10. Prevention of Diabetic Nephropathy: A study done on diabetic rats found that those rats given ginger had a reduced incidence of diabetic nephropathy (kidney damage).
Most spices are excellent sources of antioxidants, but cloves are the richest source of them all. The numerous health benefits of cloves have been known for centuries. Cloves have antiseptic and germicidal properties that help fight infections, relieve digestive problems and arthritis pain. Cloves can also help with – High cholesterol – Cough and Cold – Muscle Spasms – Toothaches – Indigestion – Labor pain – Infections – Diarrhea – Nausea – Bloating – Ulcers – Sores or even Colic. Read more at http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.com/2013/05/the-health-benefits-of-cloves.html#OKkx5yA8X2cuBsLf.99
Regulates menstruation: Adding vanilla extract to your diet could help if you have irregular menstruation cycles.
Reduces stress and anxiety: Adding vanilla extract to a glass of water or milk can help calm you and reduce stress. Since stress causes other health problems, reducing stress is getting at the cause. Vanilla has even been used as a treatment for depression.
Helps with nausea: One of the more popular applications for vanilla is as a natural stomach settler. Again, put a few drops of vanilla extract in a glass of water and slowly drink it down when your stomach is upset. It is also believed that vanilla extract can be used to treat fevers.
Helps with losing weight: Some studies point to even just smelling vanilla extract as possibly helpful with losing excess weight, though nutrition is the foundation to weight loss.
Aides with sleep, adds flavor and immune boosting effects to food and smoothies. Add Nutmeg, water and honey into a paste and use to clear your skin. Helps with digestion, anti-bacterial, protects teeth and gums (nutmeg oil), Combined with cinnamon, it makes a powerful antiseptic, antimicrobial paste. Nutmeg helps keep the brain sharp. It contains a natural compound (myristicin) which is known to protect your brain against diseases such as Alzheimers. The essential oil of nutmeg helps relieve muscular and joint pain. *Apply to area of swelling and discomfort. In holistic medicine, nutmeg is often prescribed to improve blood circulation and treat kidney infection. Traditional healers believe it also strengthens the liver.
A note of caution: All you need is a tiny dusting of it to get the taste and health benefits. Overuse of nutmeg is known to cause palpitations, sweating, hallucination and other discomforts, so do use this wonder spice in moderation.
Related past posts:
Healing Herbs and Spices: